Job Title: Maintenance Superintendent
Job Type: Full Time
Education/License: Associates Degree or equivalent technical training, CPO License, OSHA Certification
Category: Building Maintenance (maintenance tech, handyman, custodial, facility maintenance)
Looking for knowledgeable, experience maintenance super to perform and direct maintenance in a high rise condominium
- Perform and oversee all maintenance and cleaning on a high rise condominium building, the common property, club room, pool, tennis courts, parking lot, beach over-walk, etc.
- Create daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance, cleaning and inspection program
- Assist Management in the selection and oversight of contract services provided such as elevator maintenance and monitoring, fire suppression system, landscaping, and for work beyond normal maintenance capability
- Assist Management in removing unauthorized visitors from the pool and grounds
- Adheres to OSHA, state and local safety standards for the building and the work place
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to listen
- Ability to lead maintenance team
- Minimum of five years as a building maintenance technician with minimum of two years as supervisor in a large condominium or facility
- Knowledge of and able to perform all common maintenance tasks including minor HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, painting, caulking, etc.
- Knowledge of and able to perform all custodial and janitorial functions
- Ability to use hand held and bench power tools, cleaning machines, pressure washer, landscape equipment, etc.
- Licensed CPO and a minimum of two years experience in maintaining commercial pools
- Basic computer skills in outlook, word, excel, Door King or similar software
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree desired and High school diploma mandatory with five or more years experience in general building maintenance with expertise in trade specialties and common area cleaning of large residential or commercial buildings.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Ability to use computer based software to include Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license required with at least three (3) years driving experience and must meet company’s driving requirements. Certified Pool Operators license valid in the State of Florida.
Other Skills and Abilities: Competent verbal and written communication skills. Needs to possess an energy level that meets the demands of the position. Needs to be exceptionally will mannered and have good organizational skills. Will be expected to interact with homeowners, guests, and association board of directors.
Other Qualifications: May be required to work weekends, nights and holidays.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.