Maintenance Tech I – Southern Association Management
Job Title: Maintenance Technician I
Location: Destin, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High School Diploma, CPO License
Looking for knowledgeable, experience maintenance tech to perform maintenance and custodial functions in a high rise condominium
- Perform maintenance and cleaning on a condominium building, the common property, club room, pool, basketball courts, fitness room, parking lot, etc.
- Support the Maintenance Superintendent and Manager in performing daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance, cleaning and inspection program
- Perform supervisory functions in the absence of the Maintenance Super
- Assist Management in removing unauthorized visitors from the pool and grounds
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to listen
- Ability to work as a team
- Minimum of three years experience as a building/facility maintenance technician with minimum of one year in a supervisory roll
- Knowledge of and able to perform common maintenance tasks including minor HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, painting, caulking, etc.
- Knowledge of and able to perform all custodial and janitorial functions
- Ability to use hand held and bench power tools, cleaning machines, pressure washer, landscape equipment, etc.
- Licensed CPO and a minimum of one year experience in maintaining commercial pools
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs and/or supervises general building maintenance and common area cleaning at the direction of the Building Superintendent or Association Manager
- Trains subordinate Building Maintenance Techs
- Provides quick response to Association needs and perform tasks in a time-efficient manner with high regard to quality that will meet of exceed Resort standards.
- Accurately maintain records of labor, time, parts used and work accomplished.
- Complies with routine inspections, repairs, construction, and replacement of equipment.
- Inspects common areas and determines where to apply time and resources.
- Determines extent of repairs needed, requests assistance from skilled craftsman for any problem beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
- Makes routine checks on equipment, document status and compiles necessary reports.
- Performs tasks to support Association Management Agreements including, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, appliance, AC (to include AC filter replacement and drain line conditioning), pool cleaning and maintenance, painting, structural repairs, common area cleaning, floor care, restroom cleaning, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist other departments with tasks as needed and requested.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with three or more years experience in general building maintenance with expertise in trade specialties and common area cleaning of large residential or commercial buildings.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Ability to use computer based software to include Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license required with at least three (3) years driving experience and must meet company’s driving requirements. Certified Pool Operators license valid in the State of Florida
Other Skills and Abilities: Competent verbal and written communication skills. Needs to possess an energy level that meets the demands of the position. Needs to be exceptionally will mannered and have good organizational skills. Will be expected to interact with homeowners, guests, and assocaioiton board of directors.
Other Qualifications: May be required to work weekends, nights and holidays.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.