Owner Relations Manager
Company: Southern Vacation Rentals
Position: Owner Relations Manager
Supervisor: General Manager
The Owner Relations Manager (ORM) is a key point of contact for owners and is expected to build and maintain strong relationships as measured by the retention, profitability and guest satisfaction of their assigned portfolio. Develops strong relationships with owner by researching and understanding their business needs, responding to owner concerns and problems and acting as the liaison between the owner and Southern’s internal departments. Position objectives are reached through these responsibilities but are not limited to them:
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow
- Call and email owners/owners guests 48-hours prior to their arrival to ensure they have all codes and set appointments as needed
- Conduct Inspections for Owner arrivals
- Confirm and review all new property worksheets and corresponding paperwork are completed and input into software System accurately and on a timely basis
- Create unique plan for each owner on how they would like to receive communications and any special restrictions in regards to managing their property. (Warranty notes, spending limits, specific vendors, etc.)
- Conduct quarterly owner reviews in person and via phone and email, maintaining documentation of discussion and action items
- Train new owners on the use of Owner Link, how to block owner stays, owner referral stays and follow-up with them on a regular basis to ensure we are meeting their needs
- Maintain contact with Home Owners Association and property/community service staff to enhance owner relationships
- Monitor property usage to identify positive and negative guest satisfaction, communicate to owner property maintenance needs and requests from Property Condition Manager
- Maximize overall property revenue through development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts, current trends and historical data
- Set Rates for each property and maintain based on competition and seasonality
- Serve as primary liaison with marketing/reservations manager to adjust sales, marketing, reservation strategy to maximize profitability
- Conducts competitive and demand analysis to determine the most effective balance between demand and availability
- Create proposals/projections for potential new owners to join Southern’s Vacation Rental Management program
- Approve monthly owner’s statement in conjunction with accounting department to ensure all credits and debits are accounted for and documented properly
- Assist General Manager in procurement meetings while owners are in-house
- Complete due-diligence research in property community to ensure existing owner retention
- Responsible for working with General Manager on projections and setting of rates
- Lead a team of Property Condition Managers that ensure all aspects of owner’s property is up to Southern Standards
- Communicate appropriate information to General Manager regarding units coming off program and assign PCM to take unit inventory, remove linen, and KABA lock at date of RMA termination
- Provide support to staff to encourage teamwork and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment
- Software Operating Systems
- Being available 24/7 for guest and employee support if such issue should arise
- Be aware of the company’s emergency preparedness plan and responsibilities. This includes being available for implementation and assistance if necessary.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee will be working in an office type environment or exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, and effectively deal with owners and customers/guests. Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to HR@gosouthern.com.