SAM Accounting Clerk
Job Title: Association Accounting Clerk
Job Type: Full Time
Education/License: Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent technical training/experience. Accounting Software certification in Tops, QuickBooks or other
Category: Accounting: Bookkeeping, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
Looking for knowledgeable experienced accounting clerk (bookkeeper) to perform accounting functions for association management firm performing all related functions.
- Accounts Receivable: post deposits from varies sources including bank lockbox, direct deposit, checks mailed to office, etc.
- Collections: Communicate by phone, written letter, and email with clients past due on payments and interact with legal representation when necessary
- Accounts Payable: Process invoices, input data, process checks, mail checks, make electronic payments
- Vender Information: Request and record vender contact information, W-9 and insurance
- Bank reconciliations: Reconcile monthly bank statements with Tops records
- Report generation: Generate reports from Tops for management and board members
- Data entry, filing, scanning, printing, email, spread sheet production
- ANSWER PHONES AND RETURN CALLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to listen
- Bookkeeping and Data Entry
- Accounting/Bookkeeping software: Tops, QuickBooks. Peachtree, V-Twelve or other association management accounting software
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Web Site administration
- Ability to work in an office environment as a team member
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma mandatory with Associated Degree in Accounting or related subject preferable. Certification on accounting software and Microsoft suite a plus. Minimum of one year experience bookkeeping, accounting or banking
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.