Company: Southern Management Group
Position: Operations Bookkeeper
The Operations Bookkeeper serves as an integral part of the Accounting Department. Under the direction of the Controller, the Operations Bookkeeper applies principles of accounting to ensure the integrity of financial information for Southern Rentals and Real Estate companies. Primary responsibilities include the timely payments of the operating accounts payable and recording the accounts receivables for various Southern Rentals and Real Estate companies with accuracy and according to established accounting schedules.
Specific requirements for the position include, but are not limited to, friendly, outgoing and helpful personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position also requires a detail oriented, well organized, accurate individual who possesses a strong work ethic. This individual should also be able to work independently, meet deadlines, work flexible hours and provide assistance with other projects.
• Accounts Payable: calculate and prepare payment requests; process vendor invoices, recurring expenses, and bank loan installments for payment; maintain vendor filing system; reconcile vendor statements; print and mail checks according to payment schedules
• Accounts Receivable: calculate and prepare invoices and statements, prepare and post bank deposits, daily review of payments collected to ensure proper posting in appropriate systems according to established procedures
• Real Estate agent billing: calculate, create and distribute invoices to Re/Max and Southern Real Estate Sales agents. Post agent payments and distribute monthly aging report.
• Reconcile credit card statements and record related charges accurately and timely according to established procedures and schedules
• Maintain and reconcile Operating Petty Cash – Destin office; assist with petty cash drawer audits – all offices
• Prepare Operating bank account reconciliations
• Maintain various credit card and vendor accounts – add and remove users, order new cards, adjust credit limits, reconcile statements, monitor mileage usages.
• Assist with month-end closing and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Record and reconcile various intercompany transactions and transfers
• Maintain filing system, file setups and end of year storage of all operating accounts and financial records
• Prepare annual preparation of 1099s and related tax filings
• Train new employees on accounting codes, operating invoices, credit card receipt procedures.
• 5 years accounting experience
• Accounts Payable experience required
• Advanced Excel or reporting skills preferred, some Excel experience required
• Experience with AccountMate, Quickbooks, or other advanced accounting software programs
• This position is a full-time hourly position, normally Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
• Vacation time will be greatly limited during the summer season.
• Requested time off is also extremely limited during the first 10 days of each month due to the complexity of the Month End closing process.
The Operations Bookkeeper will occasionally have access to information that is to be held in the strictest confidence, and that any incidence of inappropriate breach of confidentiality shall be grounds for immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment is that of an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to HR@GoSouthern.com.