Company: Southern Management Group
Department: Residential Leasing
Position: Maintenance Coordinator
Supervisor: Operations Manager
The purpose of this position is to: a) be the primary contact for maintenance needs for tenants, b) ensure that all maintenance requests are addressed in a timely manner, c) direct and manage the workflow of the maintenance vendors, and d) assist and support the Property Manager as directed.
Position objectives are reached through these responsibilities, but are not limited to them:
• First point of contact for all tenant requests, questions, and issues concerning maintenance.
• Find solutions to tenant concerns regarding property maintenance in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction with management, abide by Sundown Rule.
• Assist with coordinating and scheduling routine inspections with tenants.
• Ensure that all service requests by tenants, owners, and Property Manager are scheduled, coordinated, and completed per the property’s maintenance notes.
• Perform daily review and follow up on open work orders. Confirm work has been completed satisfactorily with the tenant.
• Obtain Property Manager approval when required for major repairs per PMA and property’s maintenance notes.
• Administer “go-back” protocol with vendors for any satisfaction issues regarding maintenance.
• Ensure that invoices are submitted to the Property Manager for approval, billed accordingly, and submitted to Accounting Department for payment.
• Schedule and perform routine inspections of occupied properties.
• Perform vendor quality control inspections, as needed.
• Software Operating Systems
• Must be available to take after hours’ emergency calls and emails to coordinate emergency maintenance work orders.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume to HR@GoSouthern.com.