Company: Southern Management Group
Position: Marketing Graphics Specialist
The Marketing Graphics Specialist serves as an integral part of the Sales/Marketing Department. Primary responsibilities include the ability to develop and execute creative design solutions, including the production of digital and print assets, promotional material, marketing collateral, signage, video, web design creation and data organization.
The goal of this position is to contribute to, create and ensure Southern’s visual brand standards are met and executed thereby continually strengthening Southern’s position and recognition in the marketplace.
Position objectives are reached through these responsibilities but are not limited to them:
- Maintain and oversee Southern’s brand standards.
- Collaborate on and design creative assets on digital platforms such as website, social media, and email.
- Oversee the properties’ visual representation online, through multiple channels, including company PM system and partner platforms editing and uploading images.
- Create, execute and maintain print projects ranging from brochures, infographics, and advertisements.
- Perform a range of graphic functions, including design, layout, videography, and photography.
- Create and maintain marketing collateral and promotional materials.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all design files on the department server.
- Update and create new landing pages through each site’s various Content Management System (CMS).
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plan concept by studying information and materials.
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
General Marketing & Advertising
- Research new and emerging marketing channels, platforms and applications for innovative and strategic marketing opportunities.
- Cross train within marketing department to act as back-up for various responsibilities.
- Share current projects with marketing team and contribute ideas on a continual basis.
- Adjust target audience and content based on results
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or Marketing
- Minimum 3 – 5 years design / marketing experience
- Possess a strong understanding of media design, graphic tools and techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in programs for Adobe Creative Cloud, including In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Dreamweaver on a PC based platform
- Experience with digital and graphic design
- Experience in Microsoft office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive problem solver
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- A strong eye for visual composition, with careful attention to detail and a thoroughness in completing work tasks
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Photography skills a plus
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
Physical Demands and Working Environment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to HR@GoSouthern.com.