Company: Southern Management Group
Department: Residential Leasing
Position: Property Manager
Supervisor: Operations Manager, Marketing & Business Development Manager
Location: Destin/Fort Walton Beach
The purpose of this position is to: a) be the primary contact and liaison between the property owners and the company, b) maintain, retain, and grow the residential portfolio, c) ensure that all properties are well maintained and rented in a timely manner, and d) to supervise and manage the Assistant Property Manager.
- Monthly communication with owner regarding trends, rental rates, renewals of existing leases, tenant disputes and statements.
- Daily communication with Assistant Property Manager and Leasing Administrator in regards to any new and vacant properties.
- Document in detail all conversations with owners.
- Final approval of all prospective tenants.
- Manage security deposit work orders.
- Point of contact for any security deposit disputes.
- Prepare and send out security deposit transmittals.
- Supervise Lease signings and renewals.
- Supervise Assistant Property Manager in serving notices and tenant lease violations.
- Administer evictions.
- Approve monthly owner’s statements in conjunction with accounting department to ensure all credits and debits are accounted for and documented properly, including not limited to vendor bills, owner credits and any other charges and credits on the statements.
- Ensure owners are being charged their fees per PMA and Lease Agreement.
- Monitor and implement collections process of delinquent owner and tenant accounts.
- Work with Operations Manager on reporting, training, software, work flow management and invoicing.
- Account for all credit card expenses by filling out Credit Card Receipts on a daily basis.
- Maintain MLS.
- Upload new properties including photos in PropertyWare, MLS, etc.
- Maintain owner information in PropertyWare.
- Update buildings regularly.
- Update Nighttenders website.
- Approve all completed work orders for payment. Update work orders as instructed by accounting.
- Pre-Approve all work orders for major repairs over $250 or as stipulated by PMA.
- Schedule and coordinate property turnover work orders.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, supervise, train and schedule the Assistant Property Manager.
Business Development & Marketing
- Be familiar with our contracts and comfortable promoting our company.
- Perform Client Marketing Analysis (CMA) for any new owner prospects and sign PMA’s.
- Work with Business Development and Marketing Manager on strategies, materials, and implementation.
- Work with Business Development and Marketing Manager to acquire new properties for Residential Leasing.
- Take photos and videos of new properties, as needed.
- Perform move out inspections.
- Be available to take after hours’ emergency calls as dispatched.
The above descriptions will be performed daily, weekly or monthly as needed.
Requirement: Florida Real Estate License – Must obtain in first 4 months of employment.
Salary Increase & Bonus
Salary increase and bonus opportunities are available and based on net unit growth and increased division profitability.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.