Company: Southern Vacation Rentals
Department: Guest Services
Position: Night Auditor
Supervisor: Guest Services Manager
The purpose of this position is to provide excellent service and make sure we do our outmost to help the guest, vendor or whomever it might be. This position is the face of Southern Resorts and need to abide by our vision – “To be the most caring vacation rental company along the Gulf Coast”.
- Maintain a positive, professional behavior to all guests/customer, whether in person or over the telephone.
- Assist guests/customers with information they need, if necessary call a co-worker or vendor for additional assistance, if required.
- Listen to complaints patiently and with an open mind.
- Put yourself in the other person’s position and try to understand why they are having a problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, explain it to them so they will understand why. If the problem can or should be fixed, follow up on it as soon as possible, and report back to the customer on the progress.
- Keep up to date with all procedures.
- Complete the daily Night Audit check list and help with special projects as assigned by Guest Services Manager.
- Complete, Update, and Charge Residential Work Orders and submit any invoices/receipts
- Prepare/Print Work Orders for the following day.
- Ensure Skymail and Voicemails are cleared for all areas of the region.
- Ensure Southern App is checked and addressed throughout the night for the region.
- Inform/follow up with proper parties regarding issues/situations AM needs to be aware of.
- Assist with accounting reports.
- Collect outstanding balances.
- Help with marketing research.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Requires sitting, standing and walking. Position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Requires ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others in-person and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard and calculator. Occasionally requires standing, reaching and bending. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Must be able and willing to work flexible hours to meet customer and organization needs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee will be working in an office type environment. Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, and effectively deal with guests, customers, vendors, and owners. Must be able to work only at night. Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to HR@GoSouthern.com.