Company: Southern Vacation Rentals
Department: Reservations Sales
Position: Seasonal Reservations Agent
Supervisor: Reservations Sales Manager
The Reservation Agent is a sales-oriented position responsible for communicating and selling vacation experiences in Southern managed vacation properties along the Gulf coast of Northwest Florida and Alabama. The objectives are to maximize the revenue in each individually owned property(ies) as well as promote Southern’s brand and vision in the process.
- Answer inbound calls in a professional manner, converting potential guests into paid reservations, utilizing advanced reservation software and sales tools provided.
- Enter lead and guest data into software, completing to Southern’s standards and best practices, maintaining accuracy of data input.
- Follow-up with all existing leads with-in set timeframe and in accordance to Southern’s policies.
- Perform Outbound calling through Pulse targeting, existing leads in follow-up, past guests and provide lead lists.
- Confirm reservations by taking payment through e-check, check or credit card according to accounting department’s standards.
- Learn about and become an expert in all properties and locations to provide caller with a thorough understanding of what Southern has to offer.
- Understand and strive to achieve company goals and standards as they relate to conversion, scoring, compliance and more.
- Maintain performance statistics outlined by Manager.
- Achieve add-on sales objectives including, but not limited to sale of Travel Insurance, Early/Late Check-ins, and more as developed.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain highest level of communication with potential and existing guests, ensuring Southern’s vision.
- Make sure your office area is neat, clean and presentable at all times.
- Be available to work both day and/or evening shift in season.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Requires sitting, standing and walking. Position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Requires ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others in-person and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard and calculator. Occasionally requires standing, reaching and bending. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Must be able and willing to work flexible hours to meet customer and organization needs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to HR@GoSouthern.com.